A simple, fairly easy chocolate cake recipe.
- 80mL vegetable oil
- 60g unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 190mL water
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces (such as chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- (Optional: 120g cream cheese or sour cream)
- Put the oil and chocolate in an 20cm (8 in) square pan and set it in a 175
degrees Celsius oven just until the chocolate melts. (Add sour cream or cream cheese if
- Add remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips and nuts, to the pan.
- Beat with a fork until smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes).
- Scrape the sides of the pan, and spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Optionally, cut the chocolate
chips and nuts into the batter to some extent.
- Bake 175 degrees Celsius if you're feeling more precise than before) for 30 to
40 minutes, until a toothpick or knife stuck in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan; eat hot or cooled.
|Pay as you go
No monthly charges. Access for the price of a phone call
Flat rate dialup access from only £4.99 a month Go>
Surf faster from just £13.99 a month Go>
|Save Even More
Combine your phone and internet, and save on your phone calls
|This weeks hot offer
24: Series 5
In association with Amazon.co.uk £26.97