Crispy Gingerbread Cookies
This recipe makes crispy gingerbread cookies that are perfect for
gingerbread men. To keep the cookies crisp, store them in an air-tight
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 4 cups flour
- Put sugar, molasses, spices and salt into large saucepan.
- Bring to boil and remove from
- Add the baking soda and butter and stir until butter melts.
- Quickly stir in egg, and then add flour. Mix well.
- Chill for several hours until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Roll out until thin on lightly floured surface.
- Cut with cookie cutters
and place on cookie sheet
sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook for about 15 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius and
cool on racks.
- Cookies can be decorated with royal
|Pay as you go
No monthly charges. Access for the price of a phone call
Flat rate dialup access from only £4.99 a month Go>
Surf faster from just £13.99 a month Go>
|Save Even More
Combine your phone and internet, and save on your phone calls
|This weeks hot offer
24: Series 5
In association with Amazon.co.uk £26.97