Fairy Cakes are cup cakes that are decorated to look like fairies.
- 125g Butter
- 3/4 cup Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla or Lemon extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Self-raising flour
- 125mL Milk
- 1/2 cup jam
- 125mL Cream, whipped
- Powdered sugar to dust with
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla or lemon extract until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the sifted flour alternately with the milk.
- Three-quarters fill 18 well-greased paper patty cases or well-greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden. Cool on a cake rack.
- Cut out a small circle in the top of each cake and cut each circle in half. Spoon a little jam in the centre hollow and top with whipped cream. Arrange the "wings" into the cream and dust with icing sugar before serving.
|Pay as you go
No monthly charges. Access for the price of a phone call
Flat rate dialup access from only £4.99 a month Go>
Surf faster from just £13.99 a month Go>
|Save Even More
Combine your phone and internet, and save on your phone calls
|This weeks hot offer
24: Series 5
In association with Amazon.co.uk £26.97