New York Cheesecake
|New York Cheesecake
This recipe makes a firm and heavy cheesecake, nicely flavoured with lemon. It is very
important to avoid over-beating the ingredients in order to avoid cracks.
- 1250g softened cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 large whole eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 60mL heavy cream
- 150g Barnham and
Bailey Animal Crackers
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Butter bottom and sides of 10 inch springform
- Crush Animal Crackers into a fine powder. Mix with 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Add to melted butter and mix with a fork until blended.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up about one third of the sides of the
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celsius
- Mix sugar, flour and corn starch together.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat cream cheese with sugar mix, zest and vanilla
until it is smooth. Do not over beat.
- Add the whole eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, beating lightly with
wooden spoon after each addition. Do not over beat as this causes the
cheesecake to crack.
- Gently stir in cream.
- Pour mixture into the pan. Place pan on cookie sheet to
- Bake at 250 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes
- Lower heat to 110 degrees Celsius and
bake for 1 hour
- Raise heat to 125 degrees Celsius and
bake for about 15 more minutes
- Refrigerate immediately for at least one hour, keep covered with a cloth
and cookie sheet
(cloth on bottom) until condensation stops forming (if you cover it right away
with food wrap film, condensation will drip onto the cake).
|Pay as you go
No monthly charges. Access for the price of a phone call
Flat rate dialup access from only £4.99 a month Go>
Surf faster from just £13.99 a month Go>
|Save Even More
Combine your phone and internet, and save on your phone calls
|This weeks hot offer
24: Series 5
In association with Amazon.co.uk £26.97