||20 - 25 minutes
A tasty oatmeal cookie, just like those you remember.
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 60mL water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Notes, tips and variations
- Using a mixer, cream together the shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, water and vanilla until light and fluffy (about 10 minutes on high).
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients into wet, mix well using mixer.
- Scoop the portions out - this recipe makes 20 cookies, so use 20 portions.
- Bake at 175 degrees Celsius for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Tastes best when still warm.
|Pay as you go
No monthly charges. Access for the price of a phone call
Flat rate dialup access from only £4.99 a month Go>
Surf faster from just £13.99 a month Go>
|Save Even More
Combine your phone and internet, and save on your phone calls
|This weeks hot offer
24: Series 5
In association with Amazon.co.uk £26.97