Rich brownies are cake-like but are denser and not springy or gooey like some cakes.
- 120g unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2/3 cup Margarine or Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Melt chocolate and margarine in a double-boiler, or (carefully) in a saucepan on low heat while stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Excluding the nuts, mix the dry ingredients with each other, and then into the wet stuff
- Mix in the nuts
- Spread into a 13-inch by 9-inch baking pan, or into two 8-inch by 8-inch baking pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until brownies pull away from the sides of the pan.
Notes, tips, and variations
- This works well with 3 tablespoons of oil in place of the grease.
- Unlike the other brownie recipes, which use cocoa powder and fill one small pan, this recipe uses baking chocolate and fills two small pans.
|Pay as you go
No monthly charges. Access for the price of a phone call
Flat rate dialup access from only £4.99 a month Go>
Surf faster from just £13.99 a month Go>
|Save Even More
Combine your phone and internet, and save on your phone calls
|This weeks hot offer
24: Series 5
In association with Amazon.co.uk £26.97